The road can be meditative, but it does have its downsides. Some bikers go for speed, stunts, or gambling to get an adrenaline rush as a way to counteract this zen-like quality of riding. This is where casino games come into play. Bikers are usually experienced when it comes to this form of entertainment. You will not find a biker in an establishment looking lost and trying to figure out how to play Craps. Here are a few games bikers enjoy.
All variants of poker are welcome. The preferred one is Texas Hold’Em, though they will not shy away from other versions. While the average biker likes playing at a bar or at a private gathering, they don’t have a problem with walking inside a casino and putting the greenhorns in their place.
The way you play poker is simple. Out of the five cards you have at your disposal, you need to make the best possible combination of cards. Some poker games will let you trade your cards. Others put everyone in the same shoes, by placing the majority of the cards on the table. The strength of poker hands, from the weakest to the strongest, is as follows:
- High card, where no card combination is made, but you have a higher ranking card than your opponent.
- Pair, which is two cards of the same rank (of course, the higher the card, the better).
- Two pair – now pretty much self-explanatory.
- Three of a kind, meaning having three cards of the same rank.
- Straight is having all of your cards in a sequence, though not of the same suit.
- Flush, where the suit matches across all five cards.
- Full house, which is a combination of three of a kind with a pair.
- Four of a kind (take a guess).
- Straight Flush, where five cards are in a sequence and in the same suit.
- And finally, the strongest hand is the Royal Straight Flush – the Straight Flush that runs all the way to the Ace.
The goal of blackjack is to get as close as you can to the score of 21, without going over it, or letting the dealer get a score higher than yours. The reason for its popularity among the bike riders is that it is a simple, straight-forward, no-nonsense type of a game. It takes but a few seconds to play a hand.
Bikers tend to favor games that rely on skill and character judgment over those that are based on pure luck. That being said, roulette is the casino game they sometimes like to turn to. You place a bet on either black or red, which doubles your money if you win, or on one of the 36 numbers on the wheel, which increases your winnings, but lowers your chance to win significantly. Some people try to find the middle ground, by betting on the section of the wheel. Of course, it the ball lands on number 0 (00 and even 000 on some wheels), the house wins.
Baccarat is the type of game that people with a great passion for wheels enjoy. It is like a cousin of blackjack, with a few differences. The score you want to reach is 9, and you bet on who gets closer to the score between you and the dealer.